Friday, August 1, 2008

So. Wiped.

We have been going and going since last weekend. Here are the cakes....except STUPID me forgot to take a picture of the Elmo cake. Doesn't matter, the red got too dark and my husband said it looked like Elmo's evil Twin. Nice. Thanks for being SO supportive BABE! The Event planner was VERY happy with the cake and a friend of mine called and said she had been at the party and The EP truly was happy. It's a good thing, ' cause at this point I would have happily kicked her in the ass. The penguin came out cute, just a little square looking to me. Was a huge hit though.


We spent the week canoeing, boating, swimming and just running in general. This weekend our town does a "Water Carnival" and people decorate their boats and make big floats out of them. Then there's fire works, bands, and it's great fun. We are attempting to tie 5 canoes together, in an odd formation....not just end to end. Should be interesting, and we'll see WHO goes overboard first.
Getting ready for Riley's birthday party next weekend. He wants a "Monster Fruck cake". A friend of mine suggested I make a 1/2 sheet, make it look like a dirt track and add some little trucks. I was APPALLED! My 2 year old has thrown a challenge on the table. He wants a 3D monster truck and that's what he's going to get. The "Grave Digger" to be specific. A big old Black and green truck. She laughed at me for excepting the challenge from a 2 year old. We'll see who laughs last.....
Have a great weekend!!!

8 comments:

Hannah said...

Oooh! Those are great!! I really like the coloring on the Penguin!

AndreAnna said...

The cake is great! And where is this water festival? I want to go!!!

Anonymous said...

Those cakes look great! :)

chefmom said...

Thanks all!!

andreanna: It's here in Pemberton. I think that it starts at 7:00 and the fireworks are at 9. You can park and watch the boats from a bridge. The worst part is the mosquitos. They are REALLY bad. Otherwise it's alot of fun!!

Momo Fali said...

Oh, I know EXACTLY who will be laughing last. I have total faith in you.

Anonymous said...

Dood. These are fantastic. I bet they were delicious too.

Im glad the Event Planner wasnt such an asshole this time.

Have fun in the boat. I hope NO ONE goes overboard!

Birdie said...

cakes looked great. I'm sure you're glad THAT'S over!

someGirl said...

Oh man, i would have LOVED to see Evil Elmo!! Those cakes are great!! Sounds like an exciting weekend...Drink and rest :]